A vacancy has arisen at Tram Operations Limited (TOL) for the position of Head of Operations. This is an excellent opportunity, reporting directly to the Service Delivery Director, and a key member of the Executive Team, you will be responsible for all aspects of operational performance and improvement of the Tram service.
Who we are
Tram Operations Limited (TOL) is a FirstGroup subsidiary that is proud to operate the London Trams service for Transport for London (TfL). The tram service with its 39 tramstops provides inter-urban, cross-borough services, in Southwest London, for customers travelling between Wimbledon and New Addington or Beckenham Junction and Elmers End to Croydon.
London Trams provides excellent connectivity with 7 National Rail stations in the region, such as East Croydon, Wimbledon, Elmers End and Beckenham Junction. The system also connects with many bus routes.
With over 22 million passenger journeys a year, London Trams has some of the busiest routes in the country, operating over 4,200 services each week across the tramway. Travelling with trams is environmentally friendly and seen as relaxing, fast, and efficient with excellent travel connections.
About the Role
The Head of Operations leads a team of Service Managers, Tram Driver Managers, Controllers and Tram Drivers. This role is integral to the business and is a safety critical role.
They are responsible for the safe and efficient management and co-ordination of tramway activities and driver management including delivery of service to meet specified performance targets.
The jobholder will have gravitas, confidence, be articulate and a good communicator with excellent interpersonal skills, across all levels and stakeholders. This role has the daily challenges of conflicting pressures, deadlines and ensuring adherence to legislative and company requirements.
- Be responsible for ensuring the safe and reliable operation of the tramway within the scope of the Company’s responsibilities.
- Be responsible for providing adequate resources to meet the safety and service requirements as set out in the Operating Agreement between TOL and London Tramlink.
- Develop and implement operational change strategies that align with TOL and FirstGroup goals and objectives.
- Drive a Just Culture and one of continuous improvement in process and operations to increase efficiencies, reduce costs and enhance quality, within the Operations team and wider workforce.
- Create operational initiatives within the team (such as FOCOS100).
- Ensure resources are managed; including personnel; headcount and equipment to meet operational needs.
- Review and develop KPIs for TOL to track and report on operational performance.
- Analyse and report on trends and developments to improve operational delivery.
- Regularly review data against agreed budget and deliverables
- Responsible for developing the Operations Team through periodic performance appraisals and succession planning.
To view the full job vacancy, please click here
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICANTS: FRIDAY 23RD FEBRUARY 2024