The operator of the region’s expanding tram network, Midland Metro Ltd (MML), is a new company owned by the West Midlands Combined Authority.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced transport professional to join the Midland Metro team as Head of Operations.
As the organisation looks forward to significant growth, the successful candidate will initially be responsible for managing up to 160 operational staff. Based at our Wednesbury depot, they’ll also support the company’s mission to provide a safe and dependable tram service.
- Managing the performance of the Operations Team.
- Reporting to the Director of Operations with responsibility for making sure that MML properly discharges its contractual and statutory duties and ensuring the company is capable of efficiently managing the Operations delivery in accordance with the Passenger Services Contract (PSC), approved business plan and associated financial targets.
- The post holder will ensure that management systems are developed, implemented and maintained to make sure that the network is operated efficiently with revenues effectively protected and maximised.
West Midlands Metro is currently subject to a £1.3 billion investment plan that’s set to significantly expand the tram network, bringing even greater connectivity to people, places and business. This will see the transformation of the business by 2023, and the Head of Operations will also be responsible for:
- The review of the operational department to ensure that it can adapt to the significant changes being planned and that resources are secured in line with the Combined Authority’s investment programme requirements for West Midlands Metro.
- Developing effective processes for the efficient transfer of new assets into the operational asset pool.
- Ensuring that the department has the necessary skills and competence to accept and manage the new assets prior to their introduction.
To view the full job vacancy, please click the link below:
Closing Date: 30th May 2019
Interviews: To be held June 2019
Please contact for further information: