POSITION: Infrastructure Production Manager
LOCATION: Nunnery Depot, Sheffield
REPORTS TO: Head of Engineering
DURATION OF ROLE: Permanent
HOURS OF DUTY: 37 hours per week
SALARY: £49,000 – £51,500 p.a. depending on experience
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Infrastructure Production Manager role in our Fixed Equipment Maintenance (FEM) department at Stagecoach Supertram in Sheffield. This role will support the Head of Engineering in delivering an effective infrastructure maintenance regime as well as managing a team 28 including 4 supervisors. Although this position sits outside of the shift pattern, on management hours, this is not a typical 9-5 role. Flexibility will be expected.
The purpose of the FEM department is to provide a safe and reliable infrastructure to support the Operations and Rolling Stock departments in providing a cohesive unit in delivering a high-quality passenger service to the people of South Yorkshire. The FEM department is responsible for the inspection. maintenance and renewals of all Stagecoach Supertram infrastructures.
- Responsible for the management and development of the FEM department
- Drive culture change from time-based maintenance to a condition-based maintenance approach within the department
- Accountable for ensuring the FEM budget is managed appropriately
- To ensure effective maintenance of our infrastructure, including the control and planning of servicing
- Analyse engineering outputs including KPIs to maintain continual improvement
- Manage the interface with external stakeholders. Liaising on a regular basis to ensure any emerging issuing risks and opportunities are recognised and where necessary risk controls implemented.
Necessary Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of three years management experience in a similar role in a heavy engineering environment is a must
- Experience of implementing a range of engineering and maintenance improvement activities
- Ability to build relationships with relevant stakeholders both internally and externally
- Advanced use of Microsoft packages
- Knowledge of the principles of 5s, Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM) and Condition Based Maintenance (CBM) will be advantageous
- Recognised engineering qualification (HNC or ONC) or similar, an engineering degree will be advantageous
The role also offers
- Inclusion in our annual performance related Management Bonus Scheme
- A competitive holiday allowance
- Free travel on trams and most buses in South Yorkshire
- Discounted train travel on East Midlands Trains Services
- Entry into the Company Pension Scheme
If you are interested in applying for this position please forward your CV detailing both the skills and experience which you could bring to this role to Rachael Newsome, Stagecoach Supertram, Nunnery Depot, Woodbourn Rd, Sheffield S9 3LS or email Rachael.email@example.com
Please note the closing date for this position will be Friday 1st March 2019
To view the full job description, please click the link below.